I can get behind most of these suggestions...
Here is the run down to be Parisian chic, if you can't read the add in the magazine:
10. Jeans with gem-encrusted sandals (not sneakers).
9. Pencil skirt with ballet flats (not heels).
8. A sequined sweater with men's trousers (not with a skirt).
7. A diamond necklace with a denim skirt during the day (not a black dress in the evening) ~ personal note, diamonds are an all day kind of thing personally....don't hate me Paris I'm an American that's all...
6. Loafers with shorts, even with socks (not with long slacks and no socks).
5. An evening dress with ultra plain open toed sandals (not with the gem-encrusted evening variety).
4. A pearl necklace with a rock and roll t-shirt (not with a simple shift dress) ~ utterly agree.
3. A chiffon print dress with battered biker boots (not with brand new ballet flats).
2. A tux jacket with sneakers (not femme fatal stilettos).
1. An evening dress with a straw handbag (not a gold clutch).
Basic take away message: never be all glam, because then you are trying to hard, try to be casual with some flare. Love it Paris.