Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My "new" desk chair

My husband and I made the decision early in our marriage to slowly decorate. We wanted to buy things we really liked and that really fit our personality, as opposed to just buying quick, cheap stuff. So, that is why for the last 8 months I haven't had a desk chair. I wanted something specific, but I wasn't quite sure what that was. Today I found it. Apartmenttherapy.com is my best friend, and I love their dc scavenger section. When I saw this I knew, now my husband is skeptical of craigslist, which is where this chair ultimately was located, but I love it. Why? Because it is a combination of recycling and bartering, nothing better in my opinion. I wish we'd go back to a bartering system and a trading system. To me it just makes sense...but I digress. 

Ultimately, I couldn't be happier with my 1960's swivel chair...NO PLASTIC! HIP HIP HOORAY!

1 comment:

  1. I am bartering my stuff with http://www.barterquest.com ! You can swap almost everything on this amazing green site: goods, services and real estate!

    ReplyDelete