Friday, July 31, 2009

Peaches 'n cream...southern style

SO, I've been baking up a summer frenzy since I returned from Peru; however, my peach pie is the first you're seeing of the creations. At a certain point in my life I realized if I don't indulge in the tastes of a southern summer then the preceeding seasons just don't go as well. Thus, Thursday I went to a farmer's market in Chinatown and bought some delicious looking peaches, and made my grandma's peach pie. Only, it is tiny because I was short on cash and couldn't afford 10 peaches...ooops, still yummy though!
In fact I'm eating it hot from the oven right now, with some vanilla ice cream melting on top. Oh God it is that good.

While at the market purchasing peaches, I couldn't resist these tomatoes, I mean who could? The perfect summer salad...really, I only added lettuce to make it less of an indulgence and more of a meal.

What foods say "summer" for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment