Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Porch spruce up...


After reading a post on DesignSponge about gardening and outdoor attire, I decided I needed to color-fy our porch so that it would be a warm, inviting place to spend our summer evenings. We spent long, lovely evenings on our porch at the old place, and our new one was even better, so after a month's long debate about where to spend the money and getting everything in from various stores it is finally ready, and just in time for my man to come home for a much too long work thing.

The chairs came with my man, no idea where from, but they are just little cheap, plastic jobs. I wanted cute yellow bistro chairs, but I don't want to pay for them, when these work just as well. I have been promised they will be painted bright yellow by a certain someone.

The mosaic lobster table is originally Pottery Barn, but I got if off of Craigslist for half the price. The fire pot is from Restoration Hardware, and is one heavy B! But awesome, I can't wait to light it up.

The cute little woodsman table was made by A.

The pillows were 25% off from World Market last weekend.

The rug is from Vivaterra and is made of reclaimed plastic bottles.

The wind-chimes were a gift to A. this Christmas and the sound is amazing. The lights are a compromise, A. wanted lanterns, but these seemed more weatherproof, and he was okay with that. Purchased from Pottery barn.

The bully is from Ohio, and he is the best looking part of the porch!

The only thing I need now is for A. to come home and plant pretty things in pretty pots...notice the dead rose bush and lackluster strawberry pot...I'm not a green thumb.

1 comment:

  1. I just love your porch!!! I want to drink some lemonade with you on it! And maybe eat kabobs ;)

    ReplyDelete